Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Feb 23rd - Thinking Hard

Today I mentioned to a co-worker from another department that I was seriously considering leaving our company.  She immediately started to talk me out of it, saying that I have so much experience, I am a wealth of knowledge and she calls me even when she knows that she should be calling someone else, because she knows I'll know the answer. Then she asked me why I didn't apply for the supervisor position when it became available last summer.  When I explained that the supervisor position required me to be licensed as a Compliance Officer, she immediately said to me, ok then, get yourself licensed, because you are too valuable to leave us.  I laughed and said that I was working on it, but recently I began to doubt whether this was the right direction that I should be taking.  She peshawed the idea, said you're almost there, just finish it! and then we discussed how my plan 18 months ago was to become a corporate branch manager.  Having spent years getting to know myself fairly well (haha), I realized a while back that my personality and experience in the finance industry would mean that I would likely be well-suited to a branch manager position. But can I make it through all the courses, and manage to continue to work in my current position, without losing my mind???  Or worse, my temper? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment